Saturday 26 January 2013

Crumble - or the all time favourite


About a year ago or so I first tried crumple. Apple-rasberry crumble. Since then it has been one of my favourite desserts. I have been planning on trying to bake one myself for some time now and finally got around to it. A friend gave me her recipe for apple crumble; ‘it’s easy to make I promise’ she said and I hoped she was right. Her instructions were as follow:

Butter an ovenproof dish. Cut up the apples and sprinkle them with sugar and flower. Rub a mixture of flour, sugar and butter between your fingers until you have breadcrumbs. Fill the dish with the prepared apples, put the crumble on top and bake it in the oven.

First I noticed nothing funny about these instructions, they seemed simple enough. When it actually came down to making the crumble however I realised something was missing.  Measurements! Luckily crumble really is easily made. I managed to make breadcrumbs and fill the dish as instructed. 





Half an hour in the oven later the crumble was ready. Although slightly burned on top it tasted great. Next time I’ll try apple-rasberry crumble.

Even better with custard or cream. Or both for that matter. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Hanna

    The blog looks very nice, but you really need a first entry that sets up your purpose, the main areas of interest and the sort of things you will be discussing. You do really need to get on with it, as well! Do come and see me to discuss it if that would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete